Friday, January 14, 2011

Grab Bag of Stuff...I guess?

I haven't updated since last month, even though I have been working on stuff. I guess now is a good time to finally post whatever it is I worked on. First up are some album covers I did for a friend.


Sometime before Christmas, my friend Tyler asked if I could make some cover art for an album he had just completed. The album was called Katzenklavier, after the musical instrument, so I went off of that while coming up with ideas. I had sketched up about 5 or 6 different thumbnails and the one above is the one that Tyler liked that most. It was done in Illustrator. I thought I had a link to the album, but I can't seem to find it right now...

*EDIT*
It's been a month but I now have a link! Get some sweet tunes here.


...However I do have the link for this album! Tyler also asked me to make cover art for a separate musical project of his. The catch was that I only had an hour to complete it. I prefer this one to the Katzenklavier art, because it's way simpler. This was also done in Illustrator.



During my final week of Fall quarter at school, I became obsessed with the show Misfits. That obsession carried on through the winter break and I started drawing one of my favorite characters, Simon. Sadly I lost interest in the piece after an hour...

These are from my Preproduction/Production Team classes. There was a cave scene that was cut out from the final story, so hooray for unused stuff!



The girl is still being used, just not the costume. I based her outfit off of Sean Connery's character in Indiana Jones and Jane's dad from Tarzan. Yup, nothing says "cute little girl clothes" like old man wardrobe!




OH NO! BATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment