Saturday, September 7, 2013

She's My Spooky Girl

I remember being really proud of the above image when I made it way back in 2010. It was when I was really getting a hang of Illustrator and still transitioning from traditional artist to digital. It was something I created somewhat quickly, but still managed to make cute.
Fast forward to 2013 and I've revisited the same Hime Gyaru vampire. She has hands now instead of nubs. Isn't that great? She can now open things by herself. Her hair also isn't a blob with random highlights thrown in.
She's even got a gal pal. I think I like her more, to be honest. I think she was a college co-ed in the 60s who died from choking on marshmallows. She looks the type.

Of course they weren't always undead. Here are some recolored and somewhat modified human versions. I don't know if it's because we're getting closer to Halloween or it's the influence of listening to The Ghastly Ones a lot more lately (which again, might be because of the approaching Halloween season), but I'm really enjoying drawing stuff like this right now. I don't think I'll be coming up with a whole line of cutesy girls for every kind of monster or supernatural entity, since that's a little bit too Monster High for me, but I will probably make one more to round out the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment